Thursday, July 29, 2021

Generosity of Strangers.

A few months ago when I had hopped off the subway and was on my way to a doctor's appointment, I was on the platform and walking briskly and this (older) (black) panhandler angled up to me from the side and was like, "Excuse me sir, can we talk...", and I was like "No" without looking at him and I kept on going like I usually react when that happens, but this (younger) (black) couple who was like ten feet ahead of me turned around and saw me walking fast and were all like, "Don't worry, it's okay, nothing will happen to you" all very nicely, and then I realized that they must have thought that I had gotten all freaked out by the panhandler, so I was like, "Oh no, it's okay, I'm just on my way to a doctor's appointment!" or something like that, to try to reassure them.

But, wasn't that nice of them?

No comments: