Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A truly great Fourth of July.

A few weeks ago at the resthome right after the Fourth of July, I was catching up a bit with my one (Togolese) coworker.

I asked her if she did anything over the Fourth, and it turns out that like everyone she knew was throwing barbecues, and she went to three that day in the city alone, and could have gone to more out in the suburbs where her friends moved to if she had felt like driving that far.

I can't remember exactly what she said, but I think they were cooking beef and goat and chicken, and when I asked her if there was hotdogs and hamburgers, she was like, "No, these were African barbecues."

I also asked her if everyone was vaccinated, and she said yes, that all her friends had been vaccinated.

In any case, she said it was great, and she was out all day and didn't get back home until like eleven o'clock at night.

No comments: