Saturday, July 10, 2021

A conversation about mortality.

The other week at the resthome, the one resident who's a retired school nurse was saying that she's stopped certain preventative screenings for cancer, since her philosophy is now, is that if it's her time to go, it's her time to go.

"I'd feel better if I wasn't in a wheelchair, but it's tough," she was like, and then she added that with her online high school graduating class reunion that she's organizing, some of her classmates repair their own windows and even go on their own roofs for stuff, even though they're in their 80s.

"Well, whenever you do end up going, you'll be missed," I was like.

"Thank you," she was like.

And, I was also like, "Though I do think you have a problem with a biased sample, you only think you're doing so bad because you're only comparing yourself to your classmates who are still alive."

And, she laughed and was like, "You're right."

No comments: