Wednesday, May 5, 2021

More on (Tibetans) in my city.

This week at the resthome, my one (older) (blockier-built) (Tibetan) coworker was saying that the (Tibetan) association in our city was raising money to send to India, and she had donated over a hundred dollars.

"Did you manage to raise a lot of money?", I was like.

"Two, three thousand," she was like, and then she added that the (Tibetan) association in our city is an official thing with a president and a vice-president and everything, and when I asked if they had a website, she was like, "Oh, yes," and so I got the exact name and then I looked it up on some downtime on that very same shift.

And, it said that there was only a few hundred (Tibetans) in the whole metropolitan area, which was a lot less than I had thought, though my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor, who was also working that shift, said that that was old information and that it was maybe five hundred now.

So, I counted up all my coworkers in my head, as well as their relatives who I've met, and then I pulled up my calculator on my smartphone, and I realized that I've met like 1.5% of the entire (Tibetan) population in my city's metropolitan area.

When I told that to my one (older) (blockier-built) (Tibetan) coworker, she was like, "Really?", and then she added that she doesn't know how to calculate fractions.

No comments: