Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Two days at work (2 of 2): Crouching.

The next day after that, I was back at my one assisted living client's with disabilities, and when I arrived, I found that she had left me out a note not to wake her up until later that day, since she had slept like crap the night before.

So, when I went to go give her cat a treat, the cat was also by the side of the bed again, and I knelt down again and got out a treat again, and I just kind of flicked it out onto the floor under the bed so her cat could chase it, since she likes that game.

Then, just as I was getting up and was like in this half crouch and rising up at the foot of her bed, my client stirred, and I suddenly realized that if she was groggy and looked up, I'd maybe look all looming and unexpected and weird like Bob from Twin Peaks or something.

Luckily, though, she just stirred without waking up, so I didn't scare her.

. . .

(Even if I come on shift and she leaves me a note like that, I have a few tasks to do in her bedroom, so my presence there would not be inappropriate, but still...)

No comments: