Friday, February 5, 2021

Immunization (3 of 3): Afterwards.

After the immunization, everyone was in a good mood.

I asked my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker how you say "immune" in Spanish, and she said "inmune," but I misheard her at first and kept saying "imune" until finally she was like, "You're saying it wrong, my accent in English is not so good, but you say it wrong and it sounds bad, it's -n-, in-mune, in-mune."

"Okay," I was like, "inmune, inmune."

"That's good," she was like.

Then, the rest of the shift, I'd see her and be like, "Hola, inmune," or "Adios, inmune."

"[my first name], don't drive me more crazy than I already am!", she was like, after I did this a few times.

She also said that the way that I said the phrase it had this funny attitude behind it, like I was a cool kid in high school teasing a girl.

Later, I was finishing up helping a resident and was saying good night and about to step out the door, and my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor was coming down the hall and held the door shut from the outside so I couldn't open it.

She's never done that before.

No comments: