Friday, January 1, 2021

Spicy food.

Last month at the resthome, my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker was saying that she had been cooking a lot on her day off, so I asked her what she was making, and she told me about some tostadas thing with red sauce and spicy peppers.

"But I thought that you don't like spicy food," I was like.

"Noooo," she was like, "I love spicy food, but spicy food does not love me," and she held her stomach as she said that last part.

She then explained that in so many words that she felt lucky, so that's why she decided to try cooking up some spicy food.

We then went on to talking about tortillas, and out-of-the-blue she started praising this one local brand that everyone talks about as being exactly like homemade, and she said that it was exactly like you'd get if you made them at home in Mexico.

I said then that's the brand I get if the store has them, and I keep some frozen in my freezer to take out whenever I need them to thaw out and eat as a snack with hot sauce, and she said that she didn't know that you could freeze tortillas like that.

I also mentioned another local brand that I had tried and didn't like so much, and she was, "The taste is weird with those, I don't like them."

No comments: