Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Vandalism.

The other week last month I had to go into work on a Saturday since a coworker had asked me to switch shifts with him for some reason.

So, like I always do, I locked up my bike at the north end of the one subway station that I live by, and, as part of that, like I always do, I locked up my bike helmet next to the front wheel of my bike by putting the bar lock through both of them, so that my bike helmet was secured to my bike as my bike was secured to one of those kind of upside down U-post things that you see sitting out on streets that you can lock your bike up to them.

When I got home that night, then, my helmet was like busted in half, from someone probably leaning on the part that was sticking out the most.

My front wheel felt misaligned, too, when I started riding, like someone had leaned hard on the helmet and wrenched the wheel to the side some, too.

There's been so many weird people on the subway lately, that I wonder if it was one of them, or maybe a local kid or whoever going to or from one of the bars near the subway stop.

The funny part is, I've been living in this city for like fifteen years or more, and I've always been locking my bike helmet up with my bike like that, and this is the first time that something like this has happened.

No comments: