Saturday, October 17, 2020

Two conversations with (Ethiopians) (2 of 2): Crimeblog article.

Later that same week at the resthome, I was looking at this crimeblog, and there was a kid with a(n Ethiopian)-looking name who got busted, and so I showed it to my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker and to my one (heavyset) (Ethiopian) coworker when I bumped into them during a slow moment during the second half of the shift.

"Oh my god," my one (heavyset) (Ethiopian) coworker said, after I told her about it and texted it to her and she had started reading it.

"If my son, I am so ashamed," she was like.

"That's an Ethiopian last name, right?", I was like.

"No, more Tigrinya, he is probably from Eritrea," she was like.

Later that night at the very end of the shift, my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker was in the office with my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker, and she was like, "Show her that article."

I did, then, and then my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker started telling my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker that she wasn't surprised, there's some Eritrean gangs, including in her apartment building, didn't she know that.

"No!", my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker was like.

No comments: