Sunday, July 12, 2020

Update on my resthome coworker's new book.

The other week after I first checked in to see how my one (Mexican) coworker at the resthome was enjoying the cult memoir of an escaped polygamist wife that I had loaned her, I had a shift with her again, and I asked her again how the memoir was, to see if she was still enjoying it.

"I'm two-thirds done," she was like. "I read and I read, and I can't put it down, because everything that he says, they do."

Then, she was like, "All my life, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, they take and show me, and they say believe, but I say no, show me, then I will believe, and these are educated people, they have a lot of education, and they believe it."

Then, she shrugged and was like, "I don't know," just dismissing it all, and she went to go do something else.

No comments: