Wednesday, July 1, 2020

3 foods, 1 day.

Last month at the resthome, the one (white) (gay) (male) nurse in my department ordered some Domino's pizzas for lunch for him and for someone else, and afterwards he left the leftovers out for everyone else.

I had like 6 pieces, and they were so good; one had green peppers and flakes of steak on it, and the other one had pepperoni and pieces of bacon and was a bit salty, but it was still so good.  I made sure that no-one else wanted them and I offered to the nurse to chip in some money, but he said it was okay and since no-one else wanted any, I was able to get all 6 of them for free.

It was funny, I had just been getting sick of eating my own food and the staff meal at the resthome because the coronavirus crisis had been keeping me from eating out, and then there was that meal, for free.

Later, too, the one resthome resident who I joke with about being a partier gave me some leftover grapes that she had in her room, since she said she thought that they were good but she couldn't eat any more and so she thought that I would like them.

And, after the staff meal, my one (older) (Tibetan) coworker made sure that I got a big salad to take home, since my one (cool) (Muslim) coworker from (Ethiopian) didn't want hers that night.

Which was also nice, since I've been running out of vegetables at home and this will stretch out my supplies and push back my grocery shopping even more.

No comments: