Saturday, June 6, 2020

Resthome food stories (3 of 4): Maraschino cherries.

At the resthome, we also all got treated to ice cream one day, and we had these plastic containers of toppings left over, one with sprinkles and one with some crumbled up Oreo cookies, and then a container with toffee bits and another one with some broken up M&Ms, and finally one of maraschino cherries that we kept in the fridge so it'd stay cool and not go bad (though do maraschino cherries ever go bad, I wonder?, besides wondering, what exactly are they, anyways?).

Anyhow, after a few days, I asked people if it was okay if I took them all home, and they were happy to see that someone wanted to eat them, and so I ended up taking them home.

I had like 8 or 10 maraschino cherries that first night, and I drank the juice too.

And, I had another 3 or 4 cherries the next morning when I went to go leave for work.

I was telling my one assisted living client with disabilities about it and about how weird I felt, and she was like, "If there's ever a time that someone can do this, it's now."

Oddly enough, I haven't noticed any different in my shit, even with all of the maraschino cherries that I've been eating.

No comments: