Friday, May 29, 2020

Video talk.

A few days ago at work at the resthome, I walked up onto one floor, and there was my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker next to my one (Chinese-Filipina) coworker, and they were both looking at some video on her phone and talking.

They broke up like right away when I came up to them, and so I asked my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker what they were watching, and she pulled out her phone and I can tell right away that it's the video of the guy who was killed by cops in Minneapolis, and as she begins to try to show it to me, I tell her first that I had heard about it, and that I don't want to see it.

"It is so awful," she was like, and you could tell that she was really worked up.

"How did you hear about the video?", I was like, and I was honestly wondering if it was through some (Ethiopian) friends or a(n Ethiopian) Facebook group or something, since she's (Ethiopian) (black) and not (African-American) (black), and if so, that would be socially interesting, because of the divides between (African-Americans) and other (black) Americans.

"I heard about the video on the news and I, I... search on Guggle," she was like, saying "Guggle" instead of "Google."

And you could just tell that she was really upset.

No comments: