Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fun cat interactions (1 of 2): Scaredy cat.

Last month, I went like I always do when I go on shift at my one client with disabilities's house, and I went to go give her new and somewhat shellshocked cat a treat, to try to get her to understand that I'm nice, and to draw her out of her shell some more.

So, I picked up the treat jar and started softly shaking it so she could hear it and know what was coming, and then I walked into the bedroom and knelt down and leaned over and looked to see if she was there in her usual spot beneath the head of the bed and she was, only when I opened the jar and put a treat in my hand, she got up a little and stepped forward, which she hadn't done before, since she usually just continues sitting there and watches me to see where I set the treat.

So, I just held the treat in my hand for a bit and sat all still, and after like eight or ten seconds she came forward and ate the treat out of my hand.

That was totally unexpected and totally cool, since you can see that the cat is adjusting to people, and much sooner than anyone has expected.

Supposedly, like 2 owners ago she had owners who were neglectful bordering on abusive, so she's tended to be very wary of humans since then and likes to hide in her little found dens all the time.

No comments: