Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Conversation with two housekeepers at the resthome.

The other week at the resthome I delivered mail to the door of one resident who's on hospice, and afterwards in the hallway I saw two housekeepers standing there, one (Mexican) and one (Tibetan).

"How is she doing?", the one (Mexican) housekeeper asked me.

"I'm not sure," I was like, "Her one hospice aide answered the door."

Then, I was like, "I can't believe she's dying."

"Why are you surprised?", the one (Tibetan) housekeeper was like.  "People die."

Then, when I didn't say anything, she was like, "You don't know, I could die today, I could die this afternoon, I could die tomorrow, people die."

She didn't seem morbid at all, and she was even was a bit chipper in her voice.

I'm assuming she was channeling some Buddhist stuff.

No comments: