Sunday, February 17, 2019

Unexpected campaign beauty

When I was in high school, we took a class trip to the city that I now live in and it was my first time there, and I remember going up the highway and looking at these big apartment buildings looming over on each side of the highway
.
Now, I’ve mailed literature and greetings to people in those same buildings, as part of my campaign.  

I bet some of the same people who were living there then, too, are getting my literature and greetings now.

One greeting is even tied into an ethnic holiday, with two languages on it.

To think that I didn’t know them then, but I’m reaching out to those same people now, and a lot of us don’t even speak the same language and I had to go and learn about their culture and even get some stuff translated into it so that I could speak to them, these people in these anonymous apartment buildings that are over by the highway, it’s just beautiful.

It really just is beautiful, where life can take you.  Younger me would have no idea that I’d ever be doing what I’m doing now.

No comments: