Thursday, January 3, 2019

Resthome Christmas addendum.

I get motion sickness very easily, and on the ride in the train conductor was riding the brake on and off so that by the time I got off the car, I was a bit woozy and ready to get the heck out of there.

And then, the next thing you know, I realize that in my crazy woozy rush to get out of the car and onto solid ground, my one black knit hat for winter must have dropped out of my coat pocket and been left on the seat, so it turns out that I didn't have it to wear on my little walk from the station to the resthome or on my entire way home later that night.

I comforted myself that maybe it wasn't entirely lost, but maybe someone who was homeless and needed it picked it up and used it.

(It would kill me if a train cleaner just picked it up at the end of the line and threw it out, I'm so environmentally neurotic.)

The funny thing was, too, was that night on the way home I also had another train conductor who was riding the brake again, so I felt a bit sick by the time I got off the train.

Maybe they had newer hires work the holiday, and those workers weren't as experienced at giving smooth rides?

Who knows.


No comments: