Thursday, December 27, 2018

Vacation of a (Mongolian) resthome coworker.

One woman who works at the resthome is from Mongolia.

She actually doesn't work for the resthome per se, but is instead extra help who comes in to help this one couple who need it, an arrangement that some people do if they need services above and beyond standard assisting living services.  So, I guess she really isn't my coworker, but I like to think of her as one, though now that I think of it, I don't think of all the private aides that way (I wonder why I do that?  Could it be related to how much I vibe with someone).

Anyhow, my one (Mongolian) coworker is maybe in her mid-50s and bigger boned, and she's always smiling and radiates positive energy, though she tends to be on the quiet side.

And, I didn't see her for the longest while, then a few weeks ago, I finally saw her again, and I asked her how she was.

"Good," she was like.  "I was on vacation."

"Did you go back to Mongolia?", I was like.

"Yes," she was like, "Forty-five days."

"That's awesome!", I was like.  "I hope you did something special?".

"Oh yes," she was like, smiling.  "I drank mare's milk and rode horses."

. . .

I fucking *love* Mongolians.  Such bad-ass people, and so nice.  To think she went from riding horses, to back to assisted living.  It boggles the mind, but is so awesome that it happens. 

Whenever I've met Mongolians, I get such positive vibes from them.  It must be something about the culture.

No comments: