Friday, November 9, 2018

Jokes with a (Ghanaian) coworker.

One of my dining services coworkers is this young woman from Ghana, and the other day in the dining room me and her and some residents were talking, and this one resident asked her how her modelling was going, and the resident told me that she had encouraged her to look into modelling.

"You're so beautiful," the one resident was like.  "And tall and thin, too."

And, my coworker pulled out her phone and showed us a few pictures that a friend took of her, for a portfolio.

As it turns out, she had taken up the resident on her advice to explore modelling!

Later, too, me and that coworker were talking, and it turns out that she's in community college and is doing her science prereqs, and then she's going to transfer out to finish her undergrad.

"Are you thinking of medicine?", I was like.

"Yes, I think I want to be a doctor," she was like.

"You know," I was like, "That would be great.  After you work as a model and break men's hearts, then you can work as a doctor and help heal them."

She *loved* that joke.

"You are so funny!", she was like.

West Africans have the best sense of humor; it really is like a pleasure in non-mean jokes about the ridiculous or in wordplay.  It's very affable, it is.

No comments: