Sunday, August 12, 2018

Apartment drama.

The other week the people upstairs were noisy one morning, and I kept hearing sounds like they were taking stuff downstairs.

So, I assumed that maybe one of their roommates was moving out.

But, I then ran into them, and it turns out that the landlord had sent them a letter saying that he wasn't going to renew their lease, and they didn't know why, and a neighbor had said that maybe they were selling the building!

So, I started to spaz, since I didn't know what was happening, and I was worried that not only would I have to go find another apartment, but also that it might fuck me up with residency somehow, with the election that I'm running in.

The landlord returned my call later that day, though, and it turns out that everything was all right.

The landlord who I had rented from had died last winter, and his son had gotten the building, so that's who I was dealing with, and, as it turns out, the building that *he* was living in was getting sold, so he knew that the apartment above me had enough rooms for him and his family, so he looked at when that lease was ending and gave them formal notice of non-renewal like 3 months ahead of time, so that they could find something and so that him and his family could move in there.

But, the rest of us in the building are good, and he's getting the lease renewals together, and everything is the same price as last year.

Phew.

No comments: