Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I miss writing.

I really miss reading and writing towards a goal.

Currently, I work, and outside of work my activism energy goes towards a campaign, including reading necessary political books in order to educate myself on issues and tactics.

Between that and my following politics, I read fiction, and very rarely go see a film, but have no big academic interest disconnected from the daily and near-term political churn.

So, I'm currently trying to figure out how I might regain that mental space in some form.

I knew that I'd have to sacrifice writing a pop book to go in this direction, and I do think I made the right choice to go for a campaign, but I do miss reading and writing on subjects related to my Ph.D. studies.

Maybe if I get elected, I can start up research again as a regular hobby?

I might also try to write shit up privately now and then as I'm able.

No comments: