Monday, January 22, 2018

Too much traffic.

The other week I went to a bakesale in the northwest part of the city, with my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother sister pair).

When we were walking afterwards, we almost got hit by cars, like 2 times.

The first time, we had the light and were going out in front of this crosswalk by a highway offramp, and I scooted out in front of a car that was a bit into the crosswalk and then my friend went to go, but somehow the driver didn't see him and started moving her car forward, so he turned and whacked it on the hood.

"What?!", I was like.

"She didn't see me," he was like.  "I had a feeling that she wasn't watching."

Then, he was like, "I should have fallen on the pavement and demanded five hundred dollars not to report," and he chuckled

Later, we were walking across a short driveway by a bank, and this *giant* SUV pulled over to the side of the street really fast after blazing through a nearby intersection and turned a hard right to turn into the driveway at almost full speed and almost barreled into us, but the driver looked just in time and braked fast and stopped.

"He simply wasn't looking," my friend was like, later.

I was very disturbed.  We could have easily been killed.

No comments: