Friday, January 12, 2018

Bloody Mary addiction.

Like over a month ago, I got together with my one friend from high school who runs a domestic violence shelter and her husband, and I stayed with them for a weekend, since we hadn't hung out in a few years.

One of the things they've started doing is pre-gaming before events with tequila shots with a Bloody Mary mix chaser, while their two year old and four year old daughters do grape juice from shot glasses set up on a separate tray.

"Shooters, shooters!", the kids were screaming and clapping, when they saw my friend and her husband pulling out shot glasses.

"Isn't this good?", my friend was like, after we did the tequila shots and Bloody Mary mix chasers.

"Yeah," I was like, "I usually don't like tequila since it gives me an upset stomach, but I like this."

"Yeah," she was like, "The Bloody Mary mix totally smooths out the bite."

I agreed, and later that weekend I'd occasionally go to the fridge and sneak a sip of Bloody Mary mix out of their plastic jug of it they had, it was so good.

Anyhow, like a month later, I was going in to one of my new jobs, and I saw a signboard out by a local bar, that they had $5 Bloody Maries on Sundays.

So, after work, I popped in and got one, and it was so fucking tasty.

"Enjoying your Bloody Mary?", the (young) (female) (kind of out-of-it and standoffish and clique-y) bartender was like.

"Yeah," I was like, "This is so fucking tasty."

"I know," she was like, and then she pulled out a bottle of their Bloody Mary mix.

"We start out with a pre-made," she was like, "But then the owners add to it and put in garlic and stuff, I don't know all what and how much, it's a secret of theirs, they keep that to themselves"

No comments: