Thursday, September 14, 2017

Odd dream of an alien invasion.

The other week, I dreamt -

It was some sort of odd alien invasion, and I was by forests and swamps, trying to evade capture.

At some point, there was an alien train-ish truck sort of thing pulled up on some tracks, and it had like a boxcar with a lot of variously cartonned shelves which were all open with a lot of space in between them, and so I sidled up to it and climbed into it and upwards towards the top here and there on the open shelves, to get out of sight and and hide, so that when the truck moved I could move with it and out of the area that I was in with much less risk of being captured.

Up there, I got on to a top shelf, and then I noticed that there was an area that was further above that that was like a windowed cab with bunks, and there I saw two old friends from years ago from my masters program, who had been caught by the aliens and were being used as watchers and so lived in that cab, and they took me in.

At some point, we set off, and the boxcar-like thing drifted up, and it was tied by a long string to the truck that was pulling it, and at some point we hovered over swamps, and at some point swung up and high to where we could see treetops, and I felt disoriented because the boxcar-like thing's motions violated physics, since it seemed to have much less weight than it should, though it roughly followed the faraway car like a half-empty balloon being tugged.

All the while, my friends watched out the sides cautiously, fulfilling the aliens' commands and seeking people who hadn't been rounded up yet, though I was there with them, hidden, thanks to chance.

. . .

No comments: