Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Odd bar sight the other week:

A quiet green parrot with a very orange beak, who people would pass from shoulder to shoulder, and who was sitting at one point on the bar near me while someone fed it fries from a take-out tray, and then when they weren't looking it dipped its head into the tray to go and eat more fries, and you could see its tongue flicker in and out of the side of its beak as it was gnawing on a fry..

"That parrot looks kind of sad," I told the guy with the take-out tray.

"No, he's just cool, he rules this place," he was like.

. . .

I'd been to the bar before.  It's next to an industrial area strip club on the outskirts of downtown, and my one (modern Czech literature) professor friend has been going there lately.

"This is next to a strip club," I told her.

"Yeah," she was like, "I know!".

Then she told me that she's never been to a strip club before, and when she told someone once at the bar that, they said never to go next door because it was "crusty."

"To me, that sounds perfect," she was like, and she said that it made her want to go there even more.

No comments: