Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pie-day baking story.

The other week I was having dinner with friends (actually the night of the Chinese French fries), and my one library circulation supervisor friend's girlfriend asked my one library circulation supervisor's friend about her brownie pie that she had taken into work for a fun pie-day baking context her job had put on, and that she had posted on Facebook about.

"Did you win?", my friend's girlfriend was like.

"Yes!", my friend's friend was like.

"I knew you would when I saw the picture!", my friend's girlfriend was like.

"I kind of felt bad, actually," my friend's friend was like.  "Though it was funny.  Everyone got up and described their pie recipe, and it was always their grandmother's or their aunt's.  And I was like, 'I found it on Pinterest.'"

Then she laughed at her memory of how ridiculous that was.

No comments: