Wednesday, July 5, 2017

New question of my one (half English) (half Sudanese) friend.

My one (half English) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother-sister pair I'm friends with) gets driven crazy by the way in which people indefinitely refer to "Africa" a lot, like, "When I visited Africa..."

In fact, sometimes when I have reason to reference an African country, I name the specific country, followed by "...which is in Africa, a place with many different countries and many different cultures," a phrase that always gets his vocal approval (e.g. "Quite right," he's like).

Anyhow, the other day when we were grabbing dinner, he got all like he was making a pronouncement and was like, "I have a new question that I've been asking people."

Then, he told me that whenever someone indefinitely says "Africa," he's like, "So, how has the weather been lately in North America?".

Then, when they get confused, he's like, "You see, it's an entire continent, just like Africa."

No comments: