Monday, July 24, 2017

I miss the art school student body.

The other week at a party, a friend-of-a-friend was this (fatter) (kind of butch) (white) girl who had just finished her BFA.

It turns out that she was into sculpture, and she showed me two pictures of ice sculptures on her phone.

She had done an internship at that company, and then as a test for a job they made her show up and sprung on her two things to carve.

"I love the huskie," I was like.

"I know, isn't it cool?!?!?", she was like, all full of enthusiasm.

Then, I shared my misgivings with her about student debt from there, and fortunately she had transferred in, and she said her loans were just on the edge of manageability.

"Now you just have to focus on finding a job like you did on creating your portfolio," she was like.  "If you do that, you'll be okay."

I wasn't so sure about that, but for her sake, I agreed, and so I said that I was happy to hear from her that her loans were manageable and that she thought that the school was worth it.

No comments: