Monday, June 19, 2017

Kind box office person.

A few weeks ago I suggested a Monday night concert to my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the sister of the brother-sister pair), and she was totally up for it, especially since it was only ten dollars.

I had been talking the ensemble up to a lot of people since I had caughten one of their concerts last year, but when I called up the box office to get the two tickets since the website wasn't showing anything near that price, the woman on the phone explained to me that that was actually a student price, and that they don't advertise it too broadly since some people claim they're students when they're actually not.

"Shoot-a-root-toot," I was like.  "I'm a student, but my friend who I invited is not, and I told her it was just ten bucks, since I didn't understand that that was just a student price."

Then, I was like, "It really wouldn't matter since she's a lawyer, but she's not really a lawyer, since she still has a hundred and twenty thousand in debt, and she was just hoping for a cheap Monday night out.  Otherwise, I know she'd get a full price seat, and I'd get a student ticket and join her."

"I hear that," the box office woman was like.  

Then, after a pause, she was like, "Let me get you two student tickets."

And she did!

She also said to call them up day-of in the future if anything like that happened, and if there were any tickets left, they could usually cut a deal.

No comments: