Friday, April 14, 2017

I've begun my sixth year of barhopping.

As of the end of February, I've begun my sixth year of barhopping.

Last year bars were getting so scarce, that I couldn't hunt down my weekly "five new bars a week" quota, and I was lucky if I could hit up 1-3 a week by the end.

This year may be the year that I finish it out.

I've radically lowered my expectations, and I'm just trying to go to the bars I know I haven't been to, now, even if it's just 1-2 a week.  Although I'm still keeping track in my barlog if I hit my "5 new bars a week" quota, I'm not honestly trying to follow that anymore, since it's just too hard.

I'm surprised by how much time I have on my hands, too, to read or lollygag or just do whatever; I don't think I quite realized how much time I was spending going to 10 new bars a week and then 5.

It's like I'm turning a new page in life.  I had forgotten what a non-barhopping life was like.

No comments: