Saturday, March 4, 2017

Students are getting ridiculously entitled.

The other week I was working in the school's library where I always do, in a quiet section with public access computers, and a couple undergrads (one male, one female) a few tables down by some other computers started having a conversation in full voice, on an otherwise quiet library floor that's supposed to be reduced or no talking.

So, I walked over and asked them kindly if they could please use whispers.

They did, and I continued my work.

When the (female) student left, though, she walked by me and coughed, "Asshole!".

She was very young and white with brown sort of dirty long hair and a pimpled face, and had bright patterned tights.

I was very, very polite, so it struck me how entitled she was, to feel a need to lash out like that when she was obviously in the wrong.

I've heard millennials are like that, and are fragile when their behavior is put into question, even  when it's appropriately and politely done so.

No comments: