Sunday, March 5, 2017

Familiar faces in other places.

The other week when I was doing my laundry at the local laundromat, I ran into the one (younger) (Latina) checkout person I know from the local supermarket I go to, the one who was superhyped for the city's recent (Latino) candidate for mayor and who had even slipped a sign for him into her store's front window without her manager's permission.

She said her cat had peed on her bed, so since she had to go do the laundry anyways, she came and was doing some other laundry, too, though in a separate washer.

She said her cat was 22 years old, and so he was getting old and probably couldn't control going to the bathroom as much as he used to anymore, and he also vomited just two days ago, which he also never does.

Then, she was like, "Do you like pets?".

Later, after I had run out to a nearby gas station to get a snack, I shared some cheesy popcorn with her.


No comments: