Friday, February 10, 2017

People at the school's library.

So when I was working on stuff at the school I go to's library before typing this up, I hear a sound from my right, and it's a (young) (Asian) (male) student over on the computer, eating a banana and chewing with his mouth open, and then proceeding to an apple, only with that he chewed with his mouth open like maybe 40% of the time.

Later. I heard a sound from way in front of me, and it's a (young) (Asian) (female) student, eating an apple and chewing with her mouth open far more often, though not always.

Just a little bit after that, then, I hear a sound of someone chewing with their mouth open, and I look over, and it's actually a (skinny) (white) (guy) who's often on the floor making out with his overmakeupped (white) girlfriend, who's actually sitting beside him as he eats takeout with his mouth open.

I usually never hear such things on the usually quiet floor I work on, and then three on one night!

Thankfully, too, not everyone chewing with their mouth open was (Asian), because that would confirm stereotypes.

One time my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother and sister who I'm friends with) actually told a (Chinese) colleague of his from the Anthro Department about the social norm of eating with your mouth closed.

"He didn't notice!", he was like.

"That's a bit straightforward," I was like.

"Well, that's how we do things here," he was like.

No comments: