Sunday, February 5, 2017

One possible cause for my taquito vomit nightmare?:

That same evening before I went to go hit up some new bars and then meet a friend for a party (after which I hit up another new bar and then got upsold to the three taquitos that I scarfed), I was on the subway, and a (shorter) (skinny) (younger) (male) (relatively clean shaven) (hispanic) homeless person in flannels with a recent haircut and a decrepit voice was at the other end of the car, and was asking everyone for help.

"...and my legs are so swollen up and I need my diabetes medicine," he was like, I remember as one of the last things he said, before everyone looked down and no-one helped him.

As he walked past me, I glanced over with my downcast eyes because I caught out of the corner of my eye that the legs of his jeans were rolled up, and I suddenly saw to my surprise that his lower legs were massively swollen, to at least two if not three times their normal size, and on his left leg was a huge yellowish-green sore the size of a teacup saucer, with some dried blood in a small dried stream coming out from one small bit of one outer edge, where what must have been a scab on the sore must have cracked once.

And, beyond that, as he passed, I saw in an opposite seat a (younger middle-aged) (black) woman and she had seen it too, and we exchanged glances and both of our eyes were so big.

. . .

There has been an exceptional amount of homeless people in the city the past year or two and their number has only been increasing, and now this man is displaying his sores like I hear the beggars do in India, I thought at the time and I think now.

Very disturbing.

What is becoming so wrong with our society?

I'm thinking it's the heroin and the inequality, both.

No comments: