Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sight on my bikeride in the other morning:

The other week as I walk to go get my bikeshare bike in the morning, I see this (college age) (Asian-American) guy on this little contraption that's a wheel with a top on it and an indented space in that for two feet, and it's automated and he's just going along the sidewalk, studying out of some notes he's holding out in front of him as he's heading off to wherever he's heading.

After I get my bike and doubleback across the neighborhood and start going in on my way to school, then, I suddenly see him on the sidewalk just before I cross the highway, and am surprised he made it so far in such a short time, since I didn't think his little wheel contraption thing was actually moving that fast.

I also wonder if he's an engineering student, off to the school nearby and studying on his way as he uses his eccentric contraption.

No comments: