Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Trump supporter bullying in my city...

The other week I was going to go see a midnight movie with a friend, but it ended up being sold out when she hopped online to check on tickets like 11pm, so she cancelled, and I just stayed at the (new) bar where I was for a 2nd beer and then I went to go get a slice of pizza, and then after wolfing down the pizza I decided to go to the one trashy late night club I like...

So, in order to go there, I was heading from the (fratty) area of the city over towards a main street in the (gay) area to walk down it and go to the club, and I was on this one east-west street that's a decently major artery but was unusually deserted.

On the south side of the street, there was construction and a temporary walkway extending out into the street with concrete barriers between you and any traffic, and as I was walking through that, like 4 or 5 (middle-aged and late middle-aged) (bearded) (flanneled) (white) guys were coming the other way.

I had my head down and passed them, and as I passed by one, he must have turned after me and called out, "Hey, did you vote Trump?".

I pretended like I didn't hear and just kept walking.

In all honesty, I think it was an overture to get in a fight and beat the shit out of me, at like 12:30am out in a so-called decent neighborhood of the city.

I have been in that neighborhood a ton, and have never seen anything like it.

I also wonder for some reason if they were homeless; they seemed a bit more unkempt than normal, and I had passed by some younger homeless guys in a convenience store parking lot like a block before, and they might have been going there to rendezvous with them.

No comments: