Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Class comments that I should check...

...when discussing writing with my freshpersons:

1) Regarding an example of extreme violence against women in a Roman text that we read, I was like, "That treatment of women is so extreme, even Donald Trump couldn't conceive of it."

(At that, one freshperson added, "Or rather, even Donald Trump would be shocked!").

2) When they were super tired and couldn't focus on papers, I was like, "What the heck, people, isn't this why you take Adderall?  What the piss happened, did someone sell you some bum Adderall?".

(With that comment, I actually restrained myself from putting on a parodic little kid voice and saying, "Gee, we got f*cked twice, first with the money, and then with all the work we couldn't do!  Man, that third year dealer kid really f*cked us hard!")

No comments: