Sunday, October 16, 2016

Moving apartments, and I hope to escape bed bugs.

Big news:

I got a new lease at a different place, but now I have to figure out how to move without taking bed bugs with me.

From what I've learned online, I'll wash and garbage bag all my clothing, and my other stuff I'll put in plastic bins and keep sealed up till I can rotate it in and out of my home freezer, which at the lowest setting goes below zero Fahrenheit, which kills bugs and eggs after stuff is kept in there for 4 days.

Otherwise, I'm throwing out my mattress and box spring, and buying large amounts of rubbing alcohol to just dowse all my furniture and carpet and bedframe...

I'm also buying bed bug interceptors pronto to put around the legs of my furniture, to see if any bugs are coming off them.

If they are, I'll throw the furniture out, and if not, I'll spray and keep it.

No comments: