Saturday, October 22, 2016

Chit-chat with a drugstore employee.

There's a few drugstore employees I know from the one drugstore near my house, including this one (mid-20s) (black) woman who at the most recent visit I noticed had tattoos up and down her arms, she had her sleeves pushed up.

"How are you doing?", I was like.

"Okay," she was like, "Just getting ready to go back to school this fall."

"Really?", I was like.  "Like what are you taking? What are you going for?".

"A lot of biology," she was like, "I want to do mortuary science."

"No way," I was like, and then I started telling her about how my one neighbor growing up was a mortician.

"Corpses are supposed to move when you go to cut them open," she was like.

"Is that true?", I was like.

"I don't know," she was like, "But I want to find out."

"Damn," I was like, "That's some serious serial killer shit."

At that, she laughed, quizzically, and I said good night.

No comments: