Friday, September 16, 2016

Report of a Barbra Streisand concert.

The one usher I know from the summer music festival downtown had been to a Barbra Streisand concert with her daughter, and the next time I saw her she gave me a report.

The first thing she noted was how many cracks Streisand had made about Trump and Republicans.

"I had been wondering if she'd do that!", I said straightaway, and I mentioned that I had read an article that said she was putting herself out there for Hillary.

"Most people didn't mind," my one friend the usher said.  "But, I was sitting near some Republicans, and they kept yelling, 'Shut up and sing!'".

(I found that reaction very telling, it's a very instrumental mentality where it's like, "I paid my money so do what I want!".)

She also said she later found out that some of her other friends went and were sitting in a different part of the stadium, and some Republicans near them were booing.

"But there were so few of them," she was like, "It's not like she could hear those reactions on stage."

No comments: