Friday, August 5, 2016

My neighbor from New Orleans.

My one neighbor from New Orleans and I have been bonding a bit by text over bed bugs, and the other Sunday she got back late after a shitty day at work and then being out with friends, and she texted me to join her on the back stoop for drinking and chatting while she had a cigarette.

I said I'd bring a wine bottle that we could swig and share - I cracked by text that "I have bedbugs but not herpes" - but when I got home and got there, she had remembered she had a can of cheap shitty beer in her purse and had begun to drink it, and we ended up staying out there and talking and then going to hang out in her apartment.

For one thing, I discovered that she has like fifty shades of nail polish all on a shelf in her apartment, and while she commutes to work she looks at nail polish videos on Instagram and even posts pics of her own nails, although she doesn't do all the elaborate stuff like she was showing me on the videos.

On that topic, she told me that not only did some friends of hers who live near a world-renowned amusement park start a business of going there everyday to buy limited release collectibles for people all over the world, but they've now also started filming their day doing that and so they make even more money, to the point where that's their jobs.

"Isn't that bananas that they make money doing that!?", she was like.

Later, for another thing, I also discovered that she's had bad anxiety, and has had it ever since Katrina.

No comments: