Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Come-on from a youngster.

So, the other week on a Thursday, I had a unionization meeting, then went out for drinks with a labor activist I know, and then I went for a nightcap, and then a second nightcap.

With the second nightcap, the person at the door was like, “Are you here for the gay event in the basement?”

“Is there a cover?”, I was like.

“No,” he was like.

“Then sure!”, I was like.
                                                                                                                   
And, I went in to the basement space, and it was mainly a lesbian event and it was packed wall-to-wall with lesbians, so I immediately texted my one library circulation supervisor friend, who recently got out of a bad (lesbian) relationship, and I let her know that she should come out.

(She did, eventually.)

As I was standing by the bar, one of the few guys in the room, this (skinny) (young) (hispanic) guy, starts making eye contact with me, and this proceeds for every once in a while, and then he finally introduces himself when the groups shift and he’s standing nearby me.
                                                                                                           
So, we chat a bit, and it turns out he does some worker activism too, and we chat a bit more about that, and then the conversation gets starts amping up with a bit of heat.

And, sensing that, he’s like, “Just so you know, I’m a companion, as part of a larger service to the community.”

“Oh,” I was like.  “I can't afford that.”

At that, he got in closer and was spoke to me in a confidential tone-of-voice.


“I have a sliding scale,” he was like.  “Like for the disabled.  They deserve love and companionship, too.”

. . .

(Overall, I got the sense that he wanted me, but also had convinced himself into sexwork, and was trying to turn everything into a sale; I've run into one other case like that.)

No comments: