Friday, May 20, 2016

Three art school student reactions to sex class material:

1) One of my students said that she loved the book about sacred prostitution, "since I love everything about the Seventies."

2) Another student said that the bestiality unit was his favorite, since it challenged him on a lot of levels, with new knowledge and with what he had previously thought about the subject.  The way he talked about the unit, it seemed like a very memorable college moment for him.

3) Yet another student said that she's started reading nun memoirs, since the class got her starting liking them so much.

. . .

I told the students that if they ever wanted books recs or if I could be a resource to them with their practices, to look me up, and I'd be glad to help them if I could.

"It's really fun for me to see what you're interested in and what comes out in your work," I was like.  "Working with artists is a total perk of the job, I love it."

"You mean we can email you after the term ends?", one was like.

"Totally," I was like.

No comments: