Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Two conversations about Trump.

After that one Trump rally got shut down, my mom was saying that my dad was saying that he thinks Trump is going to get plugged, he's stirring up so much shit.

"Did you see him when that guy rushed the stage?", my dad was like when he got on the phone.  "He hopped like a frog."

Oddly, that same day, I saw my one (plump) (easy-going) (white) (late 20s) neighbor from next door, and when I asked about what she thought about the Trump rally getting shut down, she volunteered that she suspected the same thing about Trump getting assassinated, only she thought it would happen if he got elected president, he'd be so intolerable.

I guess I never thought about it, but it's kind of disturbing to think that people are seeing violence becoming more and more plausible, after all of the violence at the Trump rallies.

My neighbor also said that unlike New Orleans where she's from, here everyone is "on edge", and so it's no surprise that they managed to get the rally shut down.

"In New Orleans I think we had a jazz band," she was like.  "I mean, that's a cute protest New Orleans, but really?".

She also said that if I ever needed take out food, the restaurant from the minimall like three blocks up is great.

"You have no idea how fast they are," she was like.  "I time them from the time I hang up the phone, and once it got here in seven minutes.  Seven minutes!  The food was so hot I couldn't eat it at first, I had to spit it out."

She also said that the longest it ever took was like forty minutes, which still wasn't that bad.

No comments: