Friday, April 1, 2016

Picking up Trash again, in spring: Bills, bunnies, and forgers.

The other Sunday late afternoon on a very warm day, I went to go pick up some trash from the quarry park, using a black plastic bag in which I'd had bed buggy beddings and then froze on high to get rid of anything in them post-use.

As I was on the far edge of the park, I discovered $5, and then by the area where the druggie gang kids burn something in the ripped-off bottoms of soda cans, there was a shoe box tipped on its side and spilling out wood shavings, and a very white and black bunny with its eyes closed dead right there beside it.

Later, I was at the local bar, and told the bartender to test the $5 bill to see if it was real, since I found it just sitting out in the park.

"That's the excuse that all the forgers use," said the bartender, joking.

No comments: