Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Innovative bread habits.

Usually, I get a big round loaf of Italian bread at the store for my toast in the morning, and I make sure to get out the bread knife and cut down the larger slices into 2s and even 3s so I can freeze the loaf and easily pull out a right-sized piece for when I go to go make toast in the morning.

The other week when I went to go get bread in the morning I discovered that I had forgotten to cut the slices, though; I must have just fired the loaf in the freezer without thinking when I got home from the store, I'm thinking now...

Anyhow, at first I avoided thinking about the situation and used the very small pieces from the very end of the loaf, but then when those were used up, I ended up taking out a big slice and just folding it at around where the size of my piece would have been and tearing a piece off.

Unexpectedly, that worked very well, and I think I'm just going to do that from now on.

No comments: