Thursday, December 17, 2015

Generosity and Impulsivity and its Effects.

I really like how at this one coffee shop near my house, they walk around to everyone a half hour or so before closing time asking people if they want a free bowl of soup, since they'd just be throwing out the remainder anyway.

I've gotten lentil soup a lot like that, and the last time broccoli-cheddar soup, for a change.

When the staff give that to me, I always make sure to point out that I'd already tipped them when I got my coffee, and that I appreciate it.

I do wonder about the wisdom of taking extra food like that, though.

It's amazing how getting a bacon bun here or a donut there quickly leads me to pack on the pounds.

Within 2-3 weeks, I went from jeans falling off to a little ridge of fat around my waist when I sit down, which I don't like.

I should be less impulsive.


No comments: