Sunday, November 22, 2015

Tales from a former bartender at a T.G.I. Friday's downtown.

I'm really outrunning bars...

The other Tues. I went a new mall complex that's been opening up, and of the 6 bars there, all had opened up within the past month, and 2 within the past 2 days.

I can feel the horizon of bar completion approaching!

Anyhow, the bartender at the front bar of a newly-opened restaurant was quite chatty, and at one point he dropped that he had most recently worked at a T.G.I. Friday's downtown, which was "crazy".

When the conversation allowed, then, I brought back the conversation around to that and asked him what exactly was crazy about it.

"Stuff like you wouldn't believe," he was like.

"Like what?", I was like.

"A man walking in with a purple masquerade mask hanging off of one eye, a broken cigarette in his mouth, and saying he wants us to call the cops," he was like.  "And he says to call the cops because he's feeling homicidal."

"No shit," I was like.  "So what'd you do?".

"I told him we'd call the cops," he was like, "And in the meanwhile, I'm flagging the security guard, 'Come over here, come over here!'".

He then said that the cops came, talked the guy into a van, and took him off somewhere for mental evaluation.

He also said that once two huge 6- and 7-tops were filled with teenage girls who were in there somehow though the restaurant became "19 and up" at a certain time, and they got in an argument and started throwing napkins and straws at each other.

And then glasses, too, which hit other patrons and were shattering everywhere.

He also said that once they found a gun in a holster just sitting in a chair; some guy had gotten up and it had just slipped off him, somehow.

A bit later, the guy even came back looking for his gun and claimed it.

No comments: