Friday, November 6, 2015

An Interesting Late Afternoon-to-Evening Drinking (2 of 2): Second Bar.

After that, I still had one more new bar to go to that week, so I popped into a newly opened Buffalo Wild Wings on the way home.

Because an important sports game was on, I ended up going upstairs and having a drink.

People weren't social, and the (late 40s) (hardbitten) (white) woman with medium length blackish-brown hair next to me looked at her phone a lot.

Later, we struck up a conversation, and it turns out that she's Irish and has lived in the State for more than 2 decades.

"That was positively amazing about the gay marriage vote," I was like.

"I know," she was like.  "I was so excited and proud of my country that day."

Then, she turned away.  "Oh fook," she was like, "I'm going to start crying again."

Later, it turns out that she had gotten unfairly dismissed from her hotel job and filed a grievance with her union, and two years later it came through and she got her job back.

Because of that, she gave me some advice with retaliation, including about the difference between money and principle, since at one point they offered her six thousand dollars, "which is a lot of money to people in the bar business."

She also said when I discussed particulars of my case, that as far as she could see, that I "have them by the balls."

When we left, we left as friends, and may hang out again.

No comments: