Thursday, September 10, 2015

Neighborhood Latino happening (1 of 2): Party

Last month on a Saturday night the (Mexican) people 2 yards over had a summer party just like they did last summer:  DJed music blaring out of the garage, and kids running around everywhere.

Though, this year, a small (Mexican) ensemble showed up, a tuba and a trumpet and a drum, and they played for over an hour, somewhere from around 10pm till after 11pm.

I had been planning to listen to this one Saturday night radio show that I like and cook, but instead I just shut off the radio and listened to the ensemble through my open windows.

At one point I wasn't sure if the band had ended or not b/c of the style of music, so I peeked out the window, and I could see a couple dancing in the back alley behind the garage where the party was happening.

I was getting a bit ticked at the loud DJed music, but frankly, I loved the band.

No comments: